Highlights from this year (in no particular order):
- Running my first 5 mile race on a beautiful Florida key.
- Running my first 10k in less time than I expected.
- Visiting Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Colorado and Arizona for the first time.
- Visiting the #1 beach in the US with a good friend and some red wine.
- Going to many bourbon/whiskey distilleries: 4 spirits, House Spirits, Four Roses, Wild Turkey, Buffalo Trace, Makers Mark, Jim Beam, Woodford Reserve, Heaven Hill, Canadian Club.
- Going to my third province in Canada: Ontario.
- Attending the World Domination Summit in Portland. And meeting Chris Guillibeau among other greats!
- Going to Bali, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and Ayutthaya.
- Visiting the Grand Canyon for the first time and walking on the sky walk.
- Visiting Hawaii in the winter to catch up with a childhood friend.
- Putting personal hygiene aside and doing two mud runs: Dirty Dash and the hellish Warrior Dash.
- Finally submitting my children’s book idea to Chronicle. Hoping for the best…
- Having straight teeth for the first time in my life. Why did I resist for so long?!
- Went sailing for the first time.
- Saw my first Frank Lloyd Wright house: The Gordon House in Salem, OR.
What a year! I didn’t achieve all my goals but I checked off many bucket list items. Looking forward to doing more things I’m passionate about in 2013 and letting go of some of the things that are holding me back.
I hope to find more great opportunities for adventure and growth. Now, time to get serious and make a plan.
Cheers to a great year and an even better one next year!