Whenever the end of the year is near I like to look back on last year and see if I reached my goals. I like to write a list that shows what I have accomplished this year. It always ends up being longer than I anticipate which is part of the fun. You get to see that the year wasn’t all bad. There are always celebrations to be had, whether they are considered large or small, it’s important to celebrate what is good in your life.
It’s also a time to set new goals. What will I try to do differently in the next year. What didn’t go so well this year or that I’m still working on.
If you are interested here’s my 2015 in review.
My 2016 reflections:
- Launched my first Amazon guide book on Kindle.
- Went on my first cross country road trip!
- Made it to 14 new states and met my quest to finish all 50 by the end of the year.
- Went to several new National Parks including Zion, Denali, Bryce, Canyonlands.
- Planned a few events for AMA PDX.
- Worked with the World Domination Summit to have more adventure and smiling faces.
- Attended Camp GLP (Good Life Project) complete with more play. Something I don’t do enough of.
- Started a FB business page despite my resistance to the platform it’s still a good place to get clients.
- Got a part time gig that pays me to travel and photograph. Woot! More of those please. I’m currently taking offers 🙂
- Started a new photography series that incorporates my love of painting. It’s like painting but less to clean up at the end of the day!
- Featured on several podcasts and other sites.
- Read 18 books this year which is awesome but short of my goal of 24. Good things there’s still time to see what I can do!
- Made an account on Saachi Art and posted art! More limited edition coming soon.
- Launched my paperback book as a follow up to my Kindle guide book. I’m in proofing right now and it will be available late November on Amazon. Counting the days till I can release it to you and all the other people that want to hold that physical guide. Don’t worry it’s light and won’t take up too much room in your carry on.
I didn’t make it to any new countries. I was too busy crisscrossing America to make it to my 6th continent or any of the countries that were in my top 5 from last year.
I haven’t successfully launched an e-course yet so stay tuned for that next year.
I haven’t made my two books a month goal. Maybe the goal was too aggressive with all the book work I have been doing on my own book?
My goal in business is to make the world a more beautiful place through my photography, writing and design. If I can continue to get paid to do that my life is everything I can hope for.
I always long for more travel and the Northern Lights are still high on my list so expect some pictures of that. Looking at Iceland because I can never forget to chase waterfalls. One of my favorite hobbies if you haven’t already figured that out.
Wishing you much success in 2017! Cheers.